English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

College mascots get a little out of control

LucasBirchmeier

College mascots get a little out of control Empty College mascots get a little out of control

Post  LucasBirchmeier Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:53 pm

Big Blue's brazen mustache thievery prompts mascot fight

When I read this article at first, I originally thought it was pretty funny, but when I thought about it I thought it was a little ridiculous too. In the midst of the conference semifinals battle between Utah State and New Mexico State, there was a little extra entertainment for the crowd watching. One of the teams called a timeout with 7 seconds left to go in the game and during the timeout “Big Blue” Utah states mascot went up to “Pistol Pete” New Mexico’s mascot and ripped off his fake mustache. What followed this incident no one could believe what happened. After the mustache was ripped off “Pistol Pete” proceeded to jump on “Big Blue” back and tried pulling him to the floor, then he began putting his arm around his neck and began choking him in the middle of half court. Then after their little quarrel they ran off the court as the game was ready to begin again. After the incident was over a newspaper writer reported that he heard a man offer “Big Blue” a hundred dollar bill to rip off the mustache. The man claimed he did not expect “Pistol Pete” to blow up on Utah’s mascot like he did, he figured it would be just a little added fun to the game. This article was pretty funny to read because who knew the mascots would be so worried about their mustaches. The result of the game was a Utah State win, and the whereabouts of the mustache is still unknown.

Current date/time is Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:54 pm