English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

Phelps admits 'bad judgment' after marijuana-pipe photo

katiemiddleton

Phelps admits 'bad judgment' after marijuana-pipe photo Empty Phelps admits 'bad judgment' after marijuana-pipe photo

Post  katiemiddleton Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:06 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/01/michael.phelps.marijuana/index.html

Michael Phelps recently appologized for his actions of smoking Marjiuna at a party he was attending at the University of South Carolina after a British News Paper published a photograph of Micheal Phelps, eight time gold metal winner at the 2008 Summer olympis in Bejing, smoking from a water bong. The newspaper claimed this was not long after he pledged with a U.S. Anti-Doping Agency last year, in hopes to keep sports, today, free of cheating and drug use. His appology was accepted and rejected as he stated he was sorry for his actions and he acted in an unresponsible, childish way. Michael Phelps also had to make a statement after he was arrested while driving under the influence when he was just 19 years old!

I just heard about Micheal Phelps in the middle of the night, while I was at work and found this News broadcast quite interesting because of the fact that I agree with the reports, but there are some aspects that I also disagree about. I agree that Michael Phelps is an outstanding athlete that needs to apologize to the Nation for his actions, but I only back this up because, like this article said he is seen by many children and adults as a role model and is only setting an example for the people that follow him. On the other hand, I reject the idea that he is so closely watched and just like everyone else deserves his privacy. I mean, who gave them this picture anyway? That just goes to show you that nobody can be trusted and there will always be someone out there that is jealous of your ackomplishments and fame. I hoped that Phelps will learn from his mistakes and will not have to appologize for any wrong doing ever again.

Last edited by katiemiddleton on Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to put the address of the article!)

Current date/time is Fri Jul 05, 2024 3:24 am