English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

Gun Sales Up in Binghamton and U.S.

jacobhoggard

Gun Sales Up in Binghamton and U.S. Empty Gun Sales Up in Binghamton and U.S.

Post  jacobhoggard Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:55 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/Economy/Story?id=7252621&page=1

If you have been watching the news or have been looking at any of the news websites you have probably heard of the shooting that occurred in Binghamton, N.Y where a gun man shot 14 People inside a civic association building. After the shooting the number of gun sales in Binghamton has increased and after further research they found that gun sales are much higher around the country this year then in years past. Even with a terrible economy the gun industry is actually thriving. The number of firearm sales has increased by almost 30 percent compared to last year. According to the experts there are several reasons for the increase in the gun purchases. Some people feel that the country is headed into a depression and things are going to be so bad that they need guns to protect themselves and their property, others believe that with president Obama in the white house gun regulations will become much tougher.

I thought that this was a pretty interesting article and brings up the question whether or not we need more gun laws and restrictions. Personally I don’t see the need to increase gun regulations, to buy a gun you have to go through a background check and there are numerous gun laws already on the books. It just seems to me that if someone wants to get a gun bad enough they are going to get one. The more regulations you put on purchasing a firearm the more you are going to sway the law abiding citizen from buying one rather then the criminals.

Current date/time is Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:49 pm