English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

4 posters

School bus riding.

alexandramarner

School bus riding. Empty School bus riding.

Post  alexandramarner Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:46 pm

This story was kind of disappointing to me, as I read it and found out the boys making the problems on the bus were seventeen and sixteen year olds, almost adults. Girls had been sexually harassed and abused on a school bus, one in particularly was grouped and touched inappropriately. The boys were also igniting flammable body sprays, which could have caught fire on the bus and been dangerous to the other riders. While this was going on the bus driver reported nothing and did nothing, even though the one girl that had been inappropriately touched let the driver of the bus know what was happening. The three boys were also flashing their butts at passing cars; the driver reported that bus drivers couldn’t see what was happening in the back of the bus anyways. When the school board asked the driver about this they replied that they had never received complaining phone calls from parents, even though the girl had complained to the driver. Only two of the three boys are getting faced with charges based on sexual battery, the other is getting charges based on strangulation and intimidation. I think it is absolutely sickening that boys that are almost legal adults can not even behave on a school bus. The boys are supposedly trying to be tried as adults, which I think serves them right. They need to grow up and learn how to act like adults.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090301/ap_on_re_us/bus_assaults;_ylt=An0P0.U6X_zVg.EoV3NrEh9eW7oF
    Abbey Rytlewski

School bus riding. Empty RE: bus riding

Post  Abbey Rytlewski Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:26 pm

I think this story is kind of scary, and to think things like this are happening on buses everyday. Kids today are so mean and so violent, they just don't care and they have no respect for anyone. It is scary to me because I used to ride a bus, my sister rides a bus, MANY little kids ride buses, and if I ever have a kid one day I am sure he/she will ride a bus too. It's sad that parents have to worry so much about their kids, and now they have to worry about them riding the school bus. You would think that things like this wouldn't happen on a school bus because there is supposed to be a bus driver who is watching the kids and is responsible for them. But some people just look the other way when they see things that are wrong. I feel really bad for this poor girl, think of how she must feel, all she was trying to do was go to school, and she even reported what was happening to the bus driver hoping to get some help and nothing was done. This reminds me of a story a while ago on the news about the girl who got raped at Bay City Central in the girl's bathroom. Things like this happen so much now and the saddest part is it is at school or on the bus where the child is supposed to be being watched and protected. Kids can't even feel safe at school anymore. Where are the people who are supposed to take care of the kids? Where are the 'real adults'? I completely agree that these boys need to be sentenced as adults because they are close enough and anyone that old should know better and should be held responsible for their actions. It's just sad to hear about things like this and to think that these boys are still so immature!!
    samanthakeeling

School bus riding. Empty Bus Riding

Post  samanthakeeling Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:41 am

After I read this story I feel like more blame should be put on the kids not the bus driver. These boys are almost adults. The bus driver’s main purpose is to get her passengers from point A to B safely. I would think driving a huge vehicle and trying to drown out the loud noise, would keep the bus driver from know exactly what goes on while she is driving. If this girl did not get the attention she needed after telling the bus driver, why wouldn’t she tell a teacher or a principle or something? All I know is that if someone was touching me and I didn’t like it, I would make it known and not just wait for it to blow up this much.
    andrewrambow

School bus riding. Empty Re: School bus riding.

Post  andrewrambow Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:10 pm

I agree with you when you say that this is sickening for teenage boys that are almost adults to behave like this. What is happening to the world these days where kids grow up thinking that this type of behavior is acceptable. We can not blame it on the media and what our children are watching because I watched violence and listened to suggestive lyrics of music and also played violent games, but I was taught that type of behavior was unacceptable. I think that some of the problem might be how we are raising our kids now a days. When I see children these days they act far different that how I use to. Another problem I have with this story is the actions taken by the bus driver. From past experience I have rode the bus and the bus driver can clearly see anything that happens on the bus and easily took control over any questionable situation before it got out of hand. Why were things so different with this driver? He has a large rearview mirror to see everything that is going on, and they also have video cameras on the bus that they could watch to verify this girls statements. Between children not being raised right, and no adults correcting wrong behavior I can only see bad things coming out of this new generation of children.

Sponsored content

School bus riding. Empty Re: School bus riding.

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 08, 2024 6:02 pm