English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

4 posters

Passenger Lands Plane and Saves Lifes!!!!!!

RyanPraski

Passenger Lands Plane and Saves Lifes!!!!!! Empty Passenger Lands Plane and Saves Lifes!!!!!!

Post  RyanPraski Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:10 pm

I recently read an article where a passenger of a small airplane ended up saving lifes. After taking off and just enjoying the ride back home, Doug White and his family had something very terrifying about to hit them head on. After take off and flying high in the clouds there heard the pilot on the radio "I need help", "I need help". Doug quickly reacted and his children one of 16 started crying, the other 18 threw up. Luckily enough there was someone on board who had somewhat flight expeirence, Doug had his pilot's licensce but never flew an airplane with passengers before. He had to take the controls because the pilot who had been flying the plane became unconsious and died while flying high in the air. This would just be terrifying knowing that there is a chance that you are going to die while flying so high up in the sky. Lucky enough Doug ended up landing the plane 30 minutes later. What a great act of heroism by this man, I mean he obviously had to take control of the plane because he was the only one who would have a chance of landing the plane but what a great thing to witness. Not only did he save his life but also the lifes of others. It is sad news that the pilot did end end up dying, but i think Doug White you really be recognized by the American people for what he had done.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/passenger_lands_plane
    andrewrambow

Passenger Lands Plane and Saves Lifes!!!!!! Empty Re: Passenger Lands Plane and Saves Lifes!!!!!!

Post  andrewrambow Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:44 pm

This are the type of news articles that I really enjoy reading, it is nice to see that there are still some people who try to do the things in the best interest of others. It would have been just as easy for this man to sit back in his seat and cower in fear like the rest of the passengers. However he calmly assessed the situation and took control. It makes you wonder where the heroic people like this were in all of the other air plane tragedies that have occurred over the past few years. It is however shocking that all of these plane related accidents are taking place in such a short time. If this man had not saved the plane it would have been another crash. How many has that been in the past two years alone? It is starting to get to the point where even the idea of flying is terrifying. They had a statistic showing that flying is the safest way to travel, but over the past few years those statistics have to be a little bit off with all of the accidents, or incidents that have occurred. Hopefully something will be done to get things back on track.
    LucasBirchmeier

Passenger Lands Plane and Saves Lifes!!!!!! Empty reply

Post  LucasBirchmeier Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:08 pm

When I read this article I was amazed by the braveness of this man to step up in the face of death and land the plane. After the pilot went unconscious, Doug White grabbed the reigns of the plane and started radioing for help on how to land the plane. That is just amazing to me that he jumped right into the situation and took control while his family was back there crying and throwing up. White admitted he was scared about the whole situation, but surprisingly he said it was focused fear. Fear so bad that it made him excel in the problem at hand. This was a very awe inspiring article and I was glad to read it.
    alexandramarner

Passenger Lands Plane and Saves Lifes!!!!!! Empty Re: Passenger Lands Plane and Saves Lifes!!!!!!

Post  alexandramarner Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:52 pm

That is really scary! Every time I fly, I personally get scared flying anyways, but I’m always aware that something with the plan or the pilot could go wrong. Fortunately there was the man on that plan that had his pilot’s license and could safely land the plane. It is amazing how a person’s adrenaline can kick in when there is an emergency. Fortunately for him he could be brave enough to help land the plane, when his poor family was vomiting and freaking out! I cant even imagine what i would do in a situation like this.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:48 pm