English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

5 posters

A Dog Story

lynn
    lynn

A Dog Story Empty A Dog Story

Post  lynn Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:21 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090406/od_afp/australiaanimaldogoffbeat;_ylt=AkLXCfAhIHiLIKxyU87gb3Z34T0D

This story doesn't make any kind of political or social commentary, but I just thought it was a nice story. It's about a dog who fell overboard from a boat on a family boating trip 4 months ago and was presumed drowned. However, she didn't drown and is now home, safely, with her family. Apparently, the dog swam to an island several miles away and survived by eating wild goats. Her family says they wish she could talk. I can understand why - to hear her tell the story of her survival all on her own would be quite interesting. We often hear stories of animals who become lost and find their way home, even traveling many miles. It's always sort of heartwarming to hear about it. This story made me smile. Hopefully you'll enjoy it too.

Happy Easter everyone!
    LucasBirchmeier

A Dog Story Empty reply

Post  LucasBirchmeier Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:24 pm

This story was really awe inspiring and shows that perseverance pays off in the long run. When I read it I was surprised that the dog actually swam 5 miles straight and never drowned. It is so surprising because dogs can’t tread water like humans can. It was also amazing that a house dog like her could live on an island and fend for herself. The fact that she found food and was able to stay alive that long is just amazing to me. It is also nice to hear that the dog ran right to its owners when they let her out of the cage. This was a very nice story and it’s good to hear that this ended with a happy ending.
    andrewrambow

A Dog Story Empty Re: A Dog Story

Post  andrewrambow Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:58 pm

This story really is amazing. You always hear some miraculous story about a dog doing something unusual, and this is no different. It just goes to show you how intelligent dogs really are. For a dog to swim over five miles, know how to find food, and still remember her family after being isolated. You would think that in that kind of situation for a animal, she would become less hospitable having to dig into her wild instincts. Hearing something like this really makes me appreciate my own dogs more, knowing what they might be capable of.
    RyanPraski

Post  RyanPraski Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:28 pm

Things like this may happen often but they do not happen everyday. You hear things like animals getting lost miles and miles away and somehow finiding their way home, i dont know how they do it; really is amazing. It's just nice to read an article like this every once in a while. Kind of tells you to never give up and always perservere threw anything. I mean look at what this dog did. Never gave up, swam in an ocean for miles and then survived on its own in the wild on an island. I like to hear stories like this, but you are right when you say, wish the dog could talk and tell the story. Very insirational
    alexandramarner

Post  alexandramarner Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:42 pm

This story is so wonderful. Dogs are such a wonderful part of a family and such smart pets. I think it is really almost a miracle the dog could swim 5 miles straight and not drown and also find food just like on the television show survior. It is amazing how important a dog becomes to a family; my dog is basically part of my family. I just watched Marley and Me this weekend, I thought my dog skip was a sad movie, Marley and Me was really good, but I cried for a good twenty minutes!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:53 pm