English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

Harsh Earthquake kills many

LucasBirchmeier

Harsh Earthquake kills many Empty Harsh Earthquake kills many

Post  LucasBirchmeier Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:04 pm

When I read this story I was amazed to read about the stories of people digging through rubble searching for children. There was a terrible earthquake that happened in Italy, said to be the worst and deadliest in three decades. The earthquake struck just before Monday killing nearly one hundred and fifty people and injuring fifteen hundred and leaving thousands of people homeless. This earthquake registered a huge 6.3 on the rickter scale which is very high in magnitude. The worst part of this earth quake was it took a severe toll on the castles and churches of the Italy dating back to the Middle Ages. The earth quake was centered about 70 miles from Rome and started at approximately 3:32 am, Followed by a series of aftershocks well into Tuesday. This is a very sad story considering all the people hurt and left homeless, as well as all the damage done to some of the most prestigious buildings. When I read it, I felt sorry for the people whose homes were destroyed and had nowhere to live. Mother Nature can be so cruel sometimes causing so many deaths. In the article there are so many little stories about rescue missions and what not. One story talked about a mean looking dog found whose paws were all bloody in a half collapsed dorm. It tells of people huddled in blankets on the street while waiting for news of found relatives. This is truly a very sad story, something I hope never happens to me or anyone else.

Strong quake in Italy kills over 150, wounds 1,500

Current date/time is Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:20 pm