English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

2 posters

T.I. 1 year and 1 day

alexandramarner

T.I. 1 year and 1 day Empty T.I. 1 year and 1 day

Post  alexandramarner Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:02 pm

T.I received his sentencing for one year and one day in prison, for his weapon charges. Clifford (T.I’s real name) also has to pay a fine of $ 100,300 for the weapon charges. When Clifford was first getting into trouble he could have been sentenced up to thirty years in prison, which any normal person would probably have ended up with. T.I. has to also do a little over a thousand hours of community service and home confinement; he is done with the majority of his community service. I do not always think that celebrities should get off so easily just because they have so much money; however I almost feel differently about T.I’s case. I believe what he did was wrong, however he has many children and they will need him to take care of him. He also did the MTV show “45 days to go” helping to improve the lives of kids that are in trouble or on a path to trouble. I know people could argue that T.I’s children are used to him being gone on tour so what would be the difference of him going to prison; well I feel that going to prison for 30 years and just being on tour and still being able to come home is quite a difference. I am glad for his family that he is not going to prison for 30 years.
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/03/27/ti.sentencing/index.html
    LucasBirchmeier

T.I. 1 year and 1 day Empty reply

Post  LucasBirchmeier Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:18 pm

When I read this article I was glad that he was charged for the possession of a weapon, but on the other hand I was a little upset. If he would have been some ordinary person with a weapon he probably would have been put in jail for a year or something. But because he is a celebrity he has a year of home confinement, which is nothing like prison. I get tired of celebrities getting special treatment because they are “special.” I’m glad he got some kind of punishment, but I feel it should have been the same as what ordinary people would have gotten in that situation.

Current date/time is Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:08 pm