English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

Despite Downturn, and Backlash, Illegal Immigrants Are Staying

scottbecker

Despite Downturn, and Backlash, Illegal Immigrants Are Staying Empty Despite Downturn, and Backlash, Illegal Immigrants Are Staying

Post  scottbecker Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:26 pm

Despite Downturn, and Backlash, Illegal Immigrants Are Staying Pu
    When I read this article I identified a lot of things from how Americans could possibly feel about this issue and the illegal immigrants themselves. In the beginning of this article it introduces Margarito and his wife and gives you the specifics on their situation. I related to them both when it talked about them looking and searching for work, since this is such an epidemic in our economic times today. Who really wants to admit that we all are experiencing a lot or even a little of the affects of our economy? I believe people are scared and we all should be. However the article also shared that Margarito and his wife had invalid social security numbers. I along with many other people can comprehend why these individuals go to such extreme measures to live the American dream but the more serious side of this issue is that these people are then possibly taking work from people that actually belong here in the United States. I feel as though if these people feel that strongly about living out their life here in the United States they should take the proper steps to become U.S. citizens and establish residency here the right way. President Obama campaigned and began working on this issue to increase border security but as usual things come up and these issues that are very serious as this one gets pushed to the back burner while others things are handled. These illegal immigrants should have some sort of consequence when in fact it s a crime whether it is fines or incarceration. Individuals that commit other crimes don't seem to ever be exempt from their punishments. The United States should recognize this but yet these illegal immigrants still get to stay. What’s wrong with this picture? The thought of even making it easier for these people to stay is absurd! If they break the rules they should get shipped back to where they came from end of story, and the people who want to come here and does it honestly should be rewarded with the opportunity.

Current date/time is Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:06 pm