English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

3 posters

Moats Accepts Apology

RyanPraski

Moats Accepts Apology Empty Moats Accepts Apology

Post  RyanPraski Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:53 pm

As you may or may not know of the situation that occured last week when an NFL player was pulled over for rolling through a red light in front of a hospital. This was no ordinary stop though because inside the very hospital Moats' mother was inside dying with only minutes to live and he was rushing to the hospital to see her alive one last time. However the officer that pulled him over did not care and even pulled his gun on him and asked him if he wanted to go to jail. To me this was just way out of control, its not like Moats was going crazy, even though he should have; his mother was dying. After Moats received the ticket and lecture from officer Powell he arrived inside the hospital only to see him mother dead; he was just minutes late. To me this story was just hard to read because that officer took away this young adults last chance of speaking with his mother before she was gone forever. I guess writing the ticket worth maybe $100 was worth it huh, even though it got dismissed a week later. Today Moat's did however accept the officers sympathetic apology and will live his life and hopefully finish his NFL career for his mom.
    Admin
    Admin

Moats Accepts Apology Empty Link?

Post  Admin Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:14 pm

Link?
    jacobhoggard

Moats Accepts Apology Empty Moats

Post  jacobhoggard Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:34 pm

I listen to ESPN radio a lot when I am at work and this has been a story that they have discussed quite a bit over the past few days. When I first seen the video I thought the cop was just doing his job for the first 90 seconds. He had know way to know who was in that car or what there intentions were but after hospital staff came out he should have used some common sense and followed them into the hospital. I also think that Moats deserves a lot of credit for the way he handled the situation. I know if I was in that situation I wouldn’t have been able to handle it the way he did.

Sponsored content

Moats Accepts Apology Empty Re: Moats Accepts Apology

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:58 pm