English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

2 posters

Sea of Green

LucasBirchmeier

Sea of Green Empty Sea of Green

Post  LucasBirchmeier Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:14 pm

In spite of all the fun of the NCAA Tournament I decided to write about this interesting article. As many of you probably heard, the Michigan State Spartans have made it in the final four. This may not seem shocking to state fans, and believe me it’s not. The fun thing about the tournament this year is it is going to be held in the home state of the Spartans at ford field. This could be one spectacular sight to see, as the stands are predicted to be filled with 40,000 state fans, creating a “Sea of Green” up in the stands. The last time a final four team got to play in its home state was way back in 1994 when duke played just 33 miles from its university. This should be one compelling final four consisting of Elites, underdogs, and the much speculated “Sea of Green.” We have the well rounded and explosive Tar Heels of North Carolina playing against the small but mighty Villanova Wildcats. The wildcats have a very explosive two point guard system with the explosive Scotty Reynolds who hit a game winner once in this tournament. The most anticipated game in Detroit will be the match up of the Spartans and the Connecticut Huskies with seven foot three Hasheem Thabeet. I can’t wait to watch this game because it is sure to be a mighty thriller coming down to a last second shot from one of the teams. All I can say in anticipation is “Go Spartans!”

Final Four: Elites, underdog in sea of green
    andrewrambow

Sea of Green Empty Re: Sea of Green

Post  andrewrambow Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:21 pm

I like to see there are some other fellow Michigan State fans around here. I also think that this story is worth noting since final four basketball games do not usually host their home team, so I think this could be a special game. While statistics would show that Michigan State has no chance to win, I would like to think having home court advantage could increase their chances. This could be a good chance to get a good luck at what effects playing at home really has on a game. Everything is the same, same hardwood floor, same size rim, the only difference is the crowd. Could having a "sea of green" fans cheering you on increase how well you play? Only time will tell and we now only have two more days to wait and find out. Good luck to the MIchigan State spartans.

Current date/time is Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:24 pm